HOLY SPIRIT

I saw the light tonight. I saw the light of Love...

Freely flowing from the eyes of the faithful who found inspiration and joyful anticipation in the Holy Eucharist. I traveled across Lake Pontchartrain to join my friend Judy at her parish for the first day of the Holy Spirit Novena. I felt the power of the spirit flowing through the congregation as they praised and worshipped with an abundantly vibrant faith.

I knew this week that I had been told to immerse myself in the spirit...to bathe my being in the light of hope and Love that heals all transgressions while lifting us to new levels of wisdom.

For two hours I rested in the spirit that swirled around me and I absorbed the words of the songs and the rhythm of life that peacefully pulsated throughout the congregation. The young faces touched me the most...with their innocent reverence...And then the couples...who shared together their enthusiasm for God and family...in this very public arena.

I know that if you are facing hard times...challenges that seem dauntingly overwhelming...immersing yourself in the Holy Spirit will immediately lighten the load...because God will begin carrying the burden- with gracious abandon.

My children and I are big believers in the Holy Spirit...We pray simply and consistently-for the wisdom and the power of the Holy Spirit to inspire us to know God's will and-most importantly-for the courage to accept it. That's the most challenging part.

But the way I figure it-If we get the wisdom...the courage will come because the spirit is the driving power that is moving us to seek and to pray and to be open to the renewal that always comes when the Holy Spirit is released into our being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER