BOYS, BOYS, BOYS!

There are boys everywhere in my house tonight. Big boys, little boys...tall boys short boys.
I don't know if it's summer or something brewing- but the boys are back in town. Actually one is leaving town...Johnny my oldest, is readying for a journey that is sure to alter the very course of his life. So I guess the guys who will always be boys in my book, are gathering for the last hurrah...

Knowing someone is about to exit our lives changes our lives. We see more clearly the gift before us, before they're gone. We feel the impending absence, even when they're still here.
It's a wake up call and a reminder that too often, we take people for granted, forgetting the familiar faces because they're always around.

They say familiarity breeds contempt...I don't know about that-I think it breeds laziness. Lots of laissez faire attitudes that allow precious time to slip away into oblivion.

In these last days before my son's departure-I am acutely aware of the impending void that will be left by his absence...So I will carry with me the indelible imprint of his life in my world and in the world of his brothers...who I am certain will miss him more than they realize now...Because when brothers come in bundles of five...the pack rats are always trying to outrun one another...When one turns up missing...the other one usually fills in...but never for long, because the rotation always comes full circle. Soon-though, one of their own will be on his own...out the door...beginning a life resurrecting odyssey that will bring him back to life...to our lives- with a boldly brilliant dimension that I am sure will inspire our family and just about everyone who is blessed enough to get to know him.

Knowing this-I will keep him front and center-right where he -and his brothers belong...now...and always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER