TERMINATOR!

I thought my kids were going to melt into their seats.
But honestly, I can't understand why no one else screamed.
I mean, doesn't anyone but me get startled?!

Twice during the TERMINATOR, I let out a piercing cry-and both times-my children told me to behave. Can you imagine?! I've turned into a movie screamer. The older I get, the more scared I get and the louder I yell. The man two seats away just laughed--at me -I'm certain.

Maybe it's because I've gotten to be so laid back, or because I rarely see action thrillers...and the slightest pop now sends me into orbit. I'd much rather watch re-runs of "Somethings Gotta Give" or "Save the Last Dance"...Good old fashioned relationship hassles and happy endings.

But I have to say-I Loved the movie...and the message. Heroism, courage and conviction-inspired into action by a strong, sensitive heartbeat.

And my kids-well-another Kodak moment as they all gathered side by side for a rare couple of hours...Because as we parents know-there comes a day when the kids are too cool and way too grown up to be seen with their parents at the movies...much less with their younger siblings.

This was one of those rare bonding opportunities that neither age nor interests nor embarrassing cries can terminate because sometimes just sitting side by side and eating pop corn can be the best entertainment of all...especially when their mom supplies the surprise sound effects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER