METHANE MATTERS

It's amazing what you will learn if you just sit down and listen to your kids.

Dinner brings out the entertainment that has apparently been supplying my young kids with lots of laughs at their prime middle school. Apparently, the very human release of pent up air is the latest fun fad for boys...and even teachers. I tried not to act too surprised or shocked or sick when my two youngest sons discussed the classroom contests that send waves of laughter and loads of bad air through the classroom. Air- that Jacob informed me is -Methane Gas.

But now that I think about it-I really can't believe I was hearing this discussion...because I can hardly believe that what they were saying is true. Farting on demand, for fun and just for the heck of it...in class no less!

Well, I'm a girl and that is absolutely a no no in my world...even though Sarah Jessica Parker made it seem funny when her Sex In The City character, Carrie, accidentally let loose on a date.
I mean-really-it's no big deal and boys will be boys, but as my 11 year old told his little brother, achary tonight..."No girl is going to want to date you. Who wants to kiss a boy who farts?"

Now if that doesn't make the guys think twice I don't know what will...Because I am sure that nothing I have said thus far has made even the slightest bit of difference in this area...because this is one area moms just know very little about...and really choose to understand-even less.

When I asked one of my young lads, why Methane matters...He told me, "Because it gets a laugh and a lot of attention."

He's right...At school, at dinner and in this blog. What will they think of next?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER