ALWAYS HOPE!

There are so many gifts I'd like to write about tonight...but I think I'll save those thoughts for another day...because right now...the best I have to offer is a measure of hope.

There is always hope. Never give up the belief that hope is alive and well and waiting for your kind consideration. That's all it takes to believe that the next day, the next move, the next moment will be better than the present-no matter how bad things seem to be right now.

I have always felt an internal hopeful optimism even when the outside looked dismally gray...because somewhere within I could feel the pulsating energy of all that is good and kind and qualified to inspire great joy and unending happiness. I've always believed in amazing hope...amazing grace...and amazing results when we rally around hope.

I felt that hope tonight as a young 20 year old heroine addict talked about how he is trying to get off drugs-permanently. He lasted a week before picking up a needle and shooting more misery into his veins. But here he was tonight, honestly sharing his pain, his desire to stop and his hope that one day at a time, he will beat his addiction.

He touched me...and taught me-that no matter how bad it seems, or how low we've fallen or how difficult the climb...there is always hope. This young man gave me hope- and a feeling of levity.
In the face of one so young, I saw a resolve to do better, a determination to believe in himself...and the hope that one day he would become the sum of all of his dreams. And I knew beyond a doubt-that he could do it. And that knowing...that internal wisdom...gave me hope that anything-anything at all- is not only possible-it is probable-when hope is kept alive!

Comments

Mike said…
May Lou, you are so right. It is easy to give up on others and even ourselves. Fortunately, we serve a God that never gave up on us and we just have to tap into HIS strength at our times of weaknesses. Well written. Thanks for reminding us.

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER