ROADTRIP!

I'm tired tonight.
I hopped in the car at 2:45 this afternoon...and didn't arrive back in my driveway until 7:45pm. My road trip began when I picked up two carpools, drove five kids across the river for rugby, drove back across the river and across town to pick up my college son whose car is disabled, drove him back across town to work...got caught in an hour of drive time traffic, stopped to get the other two rug rats something to eat before we headed back across the river to watch the game...Of course-my car battery died in the parking lot, in the cold night air, since my son Jacob chose to stay inside and study with only the overhead lights on...My friend, Andrea, the judge gave me a jump and away we went to the warmth and safety of our home. I immediately stood for ten minutes under the hot water pouring out of the shower-which is where I would have liked to have spent the night...if I hadn't had homework to do...their homework of course, but it might as well be mine -since I'm the mom who carries the guilt of any poor grades. Oh yes, and during dinner I mentioned-to my two youngest sons-that this girl, their mom, escaped for the first time in forever-"that time of the month"--11 year old Jacob doesn't miss a beat..."It happens" "How do you know?" I replied..."Television-I've heard that happens." 10 year old Zachary announces with a smile, "Hey, maybe it's the beginning of the end!" I smiled...nice thought, but that opens up a whole new set of issues....So, for now, I'm too tired to think about the possibilities or the consequences or any of the other things that take up too much free rent in my overloaded brain.

So. in just a matter of minutes, I am going to snuggle up under the covers with my kids in tow...study the last bit of science or religion or whatever it is we have been assigned...and take a swift, but much deserved roadtrip to dreamland!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON