"Let's Pray Together!"

A man I know, stopped me in the store and told me he'd been talking to God for me and my family. In fact, he said he'd been praying for me and the father of my children for one year.
I was deeply touched.

Think about it. To know that someone-a man- felt inspired to take the time and the attention and the effort to storm the heavens on my family's behalf-for 365 days-is perhaps one of the most poignant examples of God in action.

It doesn't get much better than that! Oh-but it does!

We talked a little and then he said, "Let's pray together"...Taking my hands we bowed our heads and there-standing in the middle of Sam's Club, he prayed out loud...asking God to bless my family and urging the Blessed Mother to wrap her mantel of protection around us. Never once did he look embarrassed or ill at ease or cautious about who may be looking...In fact he responded so naturally that I even got lost in the moment and forgot where we were and that people were watching us-which is not normally like me...But thank God there's a power geater than me, because left to me...I might wait until the "appropriate" time to talk publicly to God like in a church or behind closed doors...not standing in the produce aisle surrounded by shoppers. The thought of this gentleman's spontaneous faith in action, still melts my heart.

He has eyes the color of the bluest sky and a soul that radiates serenity. His wife radiates joy...and eternal optimism, living and breathing her faith with a rare heartfelt innocence...because her faith, defines her.

I was just so thankful for our chance meeting and for his gift of prayer...thankful that I hopped out of bed that morning, before the children woke up-to go grocery shopping...and grateful that the two of us crossed paths.

I believe there are no coincidences, only Godincidences...and as I have learned from experience, this was God's way of showing me that other people get it...and care enough to want to give it away to others...because Love and family, faith and God, giving back what we've recieved...those are the principles that really matter...the only lessons that lead anywhere important in this great big competitive world we live in...principles that prayer-incessant daily prayer-always produce!

Comments

Lori said…
Lovely, and so warmly shared, about the love inside the Christian Family. I've learned that there is little more powerful than the prayers we offer, unselfishly, for one another.

God bless you!
Lori

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON