LIFE TRANSFORMING

As I sat on my front steps this weekend, it suddenly dawned on me that my trees were no longer bare. The branches brimming now with beautiful leaves blowing in the breeze.

My son Jacob asked, "How did that happen-where did they come from?" "The leaves were always there," I replied. And they were-just waiting for the right time to burst onto the scene...waiting for the chill of Winter to fade into the warmth of Spring...waiting for the cycle of life to breathe new life into the barren branches that stood erect through the cold and the wind and the rain...waiting for the exact moment when the forces of nature would finally free them from their slumber.

People are like that too. One day they're empty and barren and barely able to breathe...The next day they're alive and energized, enthusiastic and hopeful. After months or years of chilling despair and debilitating disease, they are suddenly wide awake...reborn with a spirit of serenity and love, courage and true wisdom.

People don't change over night...at least not very often...those miracles are far and few between...Like the trees, we humans evolve at just the right pace...and never fast enough than will benefit our soul.

You see, growing and growing up-isn't about growing old...It's about being open to the natural rhythm and energy of the universe which is constantly breathing the light of life into every living creature and organism...It's about the natural flow of energy and spirit from the divine...which is gently embracing our lives...even when we are pushing it away. It's about the natural progression and evolution of this world we so dearly Love...our world and all that it has to offer.

As I looked at my beautiful Pear trees- I gazed in wonder at how quietly, gently and yet suddenly new life had been re-born...and how their rebirth, revitalized my entire front yard...and I pledged to remember the essence of that moment...
the power of the vision and the inspired joy produced by this simply stunning transformation of new life-right before my very eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON