IN THIS WORLD, BUT NOT OF IT.

"You are in this world, but not of it." I chuckled to myself as the speaker quoted scripture, and then asked us to analyze the depth of those words. I've heard them lots of times...most profoundly several years ago--in my head.

Following an embarrassing public incident, that dragged on for months...at exactly the moment I needed encouragement, God spoke to me..."It doesn't matter what they think...you are not of this world, you are mine." I felt peace and a profound sense that all would be well...and eventually, it was. During those difficult months, I drew strength from God who was not only guiding me but giving me the courage necessary, to turn my complete trust over to his perfect power.

As I shared that memory with the group and my view of the scriptural quote, the speaker smiled saying, "God sent you a "post it" through the mind spirit connection, because you were open."

I've come to understand that-being open-means "Being in this world, but not of it. ' It means we are both physical and spiritual beings...created in the image and likeness of a God that is both feminine and masculine...but above all-spiritual. Our bodies are the physical manifestation of God in a world that is operated on a very physical level...But deep within our core is the essence of our being...the living, breathing, spirit of God--the driving force of our lives here on earth and later in the heavenly dimension. Our eternal spirit is fueled by unconditional, soul inspiring Love...the only source of energy that never fails us-because it is comes from heaven.

Contained within our hearts is God's road map for our lives. When we stray off course, our world begins falling apart...But when we stay the course and follow directions...through prayer and opening our hearts to the guiding hand of God...we rise above the pettiness, the jealousies and the trappings of the material world. We rise to a level of spiritual awareness that is heaven sent...and illuminates our unique individual destiny that is our heavenly inheritance.

So hang on to the divine in the midst of the human....Stay the course...And live in this world as if you were in the next...You'll be amazed at the transformation that will take place in your life...and the blessings you will receive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON