CALM AMID THE STORMS!

I Love this!

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage-and calms his child."

Those little words of wisdom stared me in the face tonight...nicely framed and hanging on a wall directly in front of where I was sitting. "Fine," I thought...I get the picture and the personal message. God always has a way of getting my attention and giving me what I need to hear exactly when I need to hear it.

The storm waters are surging-so what else is new? I am. I'm consistently calm, surprisingly serene and practicing what I preach...easy does it.

The storms come and go...raging all around us...the eye of the storm scares us into over reacting...But we can stand at the fringe and carefully weigh our options while protecting ourselves against any flying debris. Someone or something is always trying to suck us into the vortex of activity that steals our peace and sends us flying off the deep end into the churning waters of discontent. That's when the hurricanes push ashore and begin drowning every feeling of good will that is left inside of us.

So for me-easy does it...turning my self will over to God's will...reminding myself every single day that God has given me the keys to the kingdom of happiness in this moment...Those are the principles of survival that protect me from the wrath of fury that threatens my peace and my sanity.

Giving it up to God gets me all the strength and power I need to sustain myself...through the wind and the rain and the sudden storm surges...and in return-I'm feeling amazingly calm--most of the time...Although my kids may remind me otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON