Rest and Renewal

I don't mind telling you I'm tired tonite. Emotionally worn out and physically tired. I'm juggling a lot of people and things and it's catching up with me. But I've learned-the hard way-that rest is a great remedy. To let the issues go until the morning...when the mind and the spirit are rejuvenated. I learned in rehab that taking care of ourselves is the first step toward a healthy lifestyle...It's the first healthy choice. And I know from long years of experience, that everything looks a little better in the morning...a little clearer and a little less overwhelming.


And as I quiet myself--silence my thoughts--my spirit draws strength from a divine energy that flows best when my mind is at rest. It is the optimum time for God to renew my soul and empower my will with his healing touch. In the morning-facing our responsibilities becomes less burdensome, less weighty. The vision of hope that is always God's legacy for those who believe-energizes optimism even in our darkest hours.


It is nearly miraculous how easily we can move from the dark -into the light-with the simple, quiet knowledge that a power greater than our understanding-will lift our burdens...and make it all better. And it is a shame that we don't get it--more often...that the burdens get us-down and out...and that sometimes they destroy.


So remember the light...and the hope that shines forth with the dawning of each new day...and until then...as you lay your burdens to rest...quiet your mind, quash your troubles and let the spirit do the talking in the silent slumber of renewal that is God's healing touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER