HAPPY B-DAY ZACHARY!

We celebrated a wonderful decade today, the ten year birthday of my youngest son Zachary!
Everyone came, his dad and brothers and grandparents--cousins and friends.

He's an amazing child, bright, beautiful, athletic, compassionate and endearingly independent.
He is also our Love child--our surprise child...announced his coming just five months after the birth of his brother. I couldn't believe it...neither could his dad...but we embraced him with the same loving joy as the other bundles of energy. Seven months into my pregnancy the doctor looked worried...Zachary's measurements were off...and there were other signs indicating...complications...problems like, heart and lung defects or maybe Down Syndrome...

I remember breathing a deep sigh...then letting it go...It had already been a tough year...the death of my dad and sister...and now this...We would take whatever came our way-with unconditional Love.

I know we prayed fervently, possibly prayed him into health...or maybe the predictions were just all wrong...it doesn't really matter. Zachary is our exceptional gift...a star athlete and a loving brother who surprises me with his gentle concern in a house overflowing with testosterone.


It's been an amazing ten years...and I know the the next decade will be just as dazzling... I have to pinch myself at how Blessed I am...how blessed our family has been to have Zachary among us...with us and part of the crew of five sons that has left such a powerful imprint on my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER