Love Your Enemies!

Go figure. There it was delivered to me on a silver platter...It felt as though God was speaking directly to me. "Love your enemies...it's easy to love your friends, but-to love your enemies...now that's what I really want you to learn." I went to bed last night feeling frazzled, fooled and foolish...then I went to morning Mass...and heard the words that would wipe my memory clean...that would remind me of what my higher power has been gently trying to teach me for the last three years....for the benefit of the rest of my life..."Love your enemies as I have loved you!"

Like I haven't heard that before...as though I don't already know that lovely lesson...as if I'm deaf, dumb and deliberately ignoring this divine directive. The truth is-loving those who love you -who are nice to you-who think you're worth their time and attention...they're easy to love--because, let's face it--it's all about us---But the others...the ignorant, arrogant people who turn their backs on us, who betray us or reject our good nature...now they're not worth our precious time or thoughts- or God forbid--our unconditional Love.

But--here's the deal...Love- by definition, by its very nature should never be withheld for any reason...and nothing should ever stand in it's way...It is a force unto itself...the most powerful, perfect force of positive energy to pour into our world--into our universe- since before the beginning of time....and probably before that...It is the source of all life...and the healing energy that can melt mountains into mole hills...and turn monsters into mice.

Love is the manifestation of God...in our lives...the outpouring of compassion for the wounded souls who turn their anger and their wrath toward us...who are determined to seek and destroy-even the weak and the innocent, because they are mad...and worse yet---because they can...but more than likely--because they are themselves feeling unloved.

Today's Gospel gave me a reason to remember why I will overcome, why we will all overcome...the reason why fully understanding and accepting the gift of Love in our human lives and the inherent responsibility to spread it fully, and wisely and wllingly is not negotiable...Because when we get this brilliant bonus...we possess the internal wisdom and emotional strength to overcome evil and the power of temptation that threatens our will to Love-unconditionally-every single second ...of every single day.

If you want to light up your life...and the lives of those around you...Let go of the past and the pain and the pitiful pettiness...and Love-your enemies, your friends...and better yet-yourselves.
Get rid of the conditions...and get ready for the greatest gift of all time. The soulful serenity of unconditional, everlasting Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER