When It Rains-It Pours!

When it rains it pours...
but I've grown to love the pouring rain...especially when I'm indoors, snuggled up with a good book or a movie...I love the sound of the pelting rain drops on the windows...and the crash of thunder ....and the dreary dark sky that feels as though the heavens are brooding.

I also likes what comes next...I know that after every rainstorm, the darkness disappears and the clouds drift away revealing the bluest skys and the brightest sunshine...and as I stare skyward I smile at the wonderful transition-that mother nature has made over and over and over again.

I try to remember that I too must yield to the changes...the unexpected storms and situations that darken my days...that leave a forboding feeling in the pit of my stomach....I must remember that this too shall pass---and in the transition I will discover the timeless beauty and the essence of the gift that is my latest challenge.

Today, I spent hours waiting to see one of my amazing sons...he is struggling with his own growing pains and plans that have gone the way of life...not where he had hoped they would be--but right where they landed...here in the present for his assessment..for his determined committment to cope honestly and faithfully with the truth. When I saw him we hugged and he told me "I'm glad you're here." I told him- right here-with you-is right where I want to be-where I need to be...and I told him how much I love him.

Sometimes that's all it takes to help and to heal-all it takes is to be there...to love the one you're with ....and to know deeply that storms--even when they are loud and lingering-- are not scary after all...they are like open wounds that are purging the infection...so that the healing can begin...Rainstorms always end---eventually...and they are followed by a calm healing balm and the warmest sunshine.

When it rains it pours...the most wonderfully anointing experience into our lives...letting us know that life's many gifts and wonders always fall from the heavens...and flow into deeply enriching experiences and blessings -if we learn to love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER