My Precious Gift!

God sent me my second son when I least expected it. I was frustrated...told God "I guess you want me to speak about you and Medjugorje for the rest of my days and not have anymore children...fine, just fine!" Of course I didn't mean it-but what could I do?!

I had miscarried a baby in the holy hills of Medjugorje...far from home in the land of Bosnia Herzegovina. I was sent there to report on the reported apparitions of the Blessed Mother.
Before my assignment ended, I had gained a long lost faith...but I had lost- my greatest treasure, the miracle of life...Over the next several months I tried hard to replace my lost baby, but fate kept saying no...so I surrendered to the possibility that God had other plans for me.
That's when-it happened--when I least expected it-life returned and renewed my spirit...


He's 19 now...smart, tall, dark and handsome...and at a crossroads...
We talked for hours today...about the power of God...about our ability to understand his will for us...when all we see is our mistakes...I told him that as we pray-as we seek guidance...as we plead for answers--that God never gives us more than will benefit our soul...that patience is a virtue and that nice and easy is more--so much more meaningful- when we surrender to his gentle guiding spirit.


Because it's true what they say...that God's grace is only limited by the understanding and will of each person...that his ability to work miracles in a person's soul is only limited by the lack of vision of that soul...and that our free will--will determine whether we accept or reject the gift of his grace.


My beautiful son Mackie, short for McCall--he's my namesake-- spent much of the day seeking his will...reading the bible...and searching for answers...It's not the vision of my son that I'm used to seeing--reading Matthew or Mark or John...but it warms my heart just knowing that now, he is searching-in all the right places...for all the right answers...and sharing his journey with his mother...who is watching the flower of faith unfold...in this budding young man who I feel deeply-will eventually find his way along the winding road that is his life's journey--and my precious gift!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER