NATURE'S FIREWORKS!

Heaven is rumbling, the sky is dark and we are all tucked away inside enjoying the ominous feeling that always comes when a storm is brewing.

I Love a good thunderstorm...and a great movie...and my kids piled around me. There is something cozy and warm and secure, amid the light show outdoors. I remember one summer when a hurricane threatened our Florida beach vacation...pushing heavy rains, howling winds and huge waves ashore...We were wondering what to do...to flee to higher ground or ride out mother nature in hopes that she might calm down long enough to let us enjoy a few more days of relaxation. We stayed and she did and I will never forget how vulnerable we felt, but yet how strong our bond became because our little family had made it through the storm.

Surviving the storm is as much about willpower and the willingness to want to do whatever it takes to stay the course-and make it through the scariest experiences...because that's what strong, committed people do. Nothing about it is easy, but something about it easily produces the most profound lessons about life and Love and the little things that matter most.

I've been praying for a storm-outside---inside we've had plenty, thank you very much. Tonight, my prayer has been answered...and so I will enjoy the sound of the pummeling rain and the up close view of nature's spectacular fireworks, as I nestle beside the kids and the snacks and a good movie that is sure to make us feel safe and secure and so lucky to have one another--to hold on to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON