GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS!

I looked at my two youngest kids this week and said,
"Something terrible happened!" Wide eyed they asked, "What?" "I started my period!"...Zack hugged me--and Jake brightened up saying with a smile, "Maybe you'll be in the Guinness Book of World Records!" How's that for a backhanded complement?! "Oh well," I sighed.

I'm usually like clockwork, but I missed a couple of months and so I thought it's adios--bye bye now-the dawn of a new age--older age setting in. Today in the car I laughingly share this lovely tale with two more of my brilliant boys...Ben and and my comedian Mac-who true to form is going to have some fun with this. "Isn't that better than getting hot flashes?" Mac laughs--"Or better yet," he cracks... "Maybe you'll have another child...a brand new beginning for you!" "Yes-me and divine intervention" I quipped.

Ben just listened, concentrating on the important stuff, like driving the car without crashing in disbelief--while his mother and brother parlayed the facts of life.

I'm sure my kids sit back later...and wonder whether or not their friends and their moms are talking about gooey, girly stuff...and more important-what it has to do with them. Everything-that's what!

There's nothing worse than a man who doesn't understand a woman...who doesn't know what makes a girl tick...really tick...Because that's when we get ticked off...Since all it would take is for a little compassionate concern about the bio-rhythms that are the stuff of life for lovely ladies all around this wonderful world we live in.

That's all--just a little compassionate understanding, a few days a month...until the well drys up and the hot flashes send a scorching signal that it's transition time...Time to unwind and wind down into that phase of life where we can feel alive and fool around (with your hubbies of course) with all the careless abandon of a carefree newlywed.

Me-it's apparent, I'm still stuck somewhere in the middle...can't start over and I'm not quite ready to shut down. Oh well...que ser a ser a!

Maybe Jacob will be right...Maybe my name will be printed in black and white...in the Guinness Book of World Records!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER