LISTENING TO GOD

I am grateful.
I am grateful I have clarity of mind.
I am grateful I live one day at a time.
And mostly-I am grateful that I am listening to God.

You know-it's so easy to get lost in this life...to get swallowed up by the rush of activity that roars all around us. It's so much harder to stay grounded in the calming embrace of the silence-that is God speaking to us.

A man I know died today-suddenly. I was shocked...I gasped when I heard the news, even though he had been ill. Death is so permanent a destination from where I stand right now-that knowing someone who has crossed over-makes death feel so much more final.

This gentleman and I had just begun talking again, a few weeks ago after I extended an olive branch...Something just inspired me to walk right up to him with a smile and begin talking. It made me feel good and I guess it left him wondering-about me.
But deep within-I knew it was God guiding me and giving me the grace to go ahead and mend the broken fence. Because in the end-the real end-it isn't about what we want, but what God wants...and when he gets what he wants, we get more than we ever bargained for. I found that out today.

I immediately offered a prayer for the repose of this man's soul and for his family...and I felt tremendous relief...that I had followed my conscience, conceded to the silent prodding voice of God, and reached out to this man-before he left this life. In fact, none of the nonsense that swirled a huge mess around us mattered anymore...The past was the past...pitifully poignant, but too pitiful to hang on to.

Find a quiet space and listen closely, I am sure God is trying to tell you something really important...and believe me-you don't want to miss it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER