SLICK SLOGANS!

"Guess what gas costs at Walmart?" I quizzed Zachary. "How much? he replied. "Two thirty eight... isn't that great?" I exclaimed. "Save money, live better, Walmart," he answered without missing a beat. Someones ingenious marketing strategy is working-with my kids.

It's amazing to listen to them..."Have it your way-at Burger King"..."I'm loving it McDonalds!" "Subway-eat fresh!"...or any number of ads that keep repeating themselves--while brainwashing all of us. "It's amazing!" (that's just me).

These kids are like tape recorders and slick as the slogans that slide off their tongues...After dinner last night my two youngest sons pushed their plates toward me-saying "finished." "Good-now load them in the dish washer," I smiled. "OHHHHH-don't you want to do it, my lovely mom?" "Let me give you a smiley face or maybe a puppy dog look." Zachary pursed his lips and stared at me with sad brown eyes to which I replied, "Cute-now load them up and wipe up the counter tops too."

I'm learning, they're learning-and we're all learning-that the only slogan worth repeating in my book is, "Mother knows best!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER