ST. JOSEPH- FATHER, SAINT AND REALTOR

Day 5 and still praying.
My kids and I just said our Novena to St. Joseph...that's right-we're calling on the most famous first father.

We planted his statue, upside down, in our front yard last Friday...with expectant faith that a buyer will make us an offer we can't refuse. It's a Catholic thing...believing that 9 days of prayer to St. Joseph-whose statue is buried in the ground outside, will cinch the sale of your home. People swear by it...and-really what have we got to lose?

When I told the kids my plan...Jake says, "It didn't work the last time." Zack chimes in, "Yes it did-mom bought the house from dad." "That's right," I said...I admit, I'd forgotten about that.

I think half the battle is believing in the tradition...The other half, is believing that God is going to send someone-out of the multitudes-to move into our home. In this economy, that would be considered a minor miracle...and so it's going to take an act of God to sell anything...But that's the whole point isn't it? God can make the miraculous happen even when the mind tells us-"Not going to happen!"

Either way-I've learned to put everything in the hands of God...and that always takes the pressure off of me...But I'm not above putting a little pressure on God, through the intervention of one of his favored fathers who happens to be a Saint.... turned realtor-who more than qualifies to ask for a favor for a faithful family-who believes fervently, that with God-all things are possible...even in this economy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER