Roothless Be Toothless

They say stress can kill you. It can also wear out your teeth. I woke up in the middle of the night..thought something had crumbled in my mouth...in the morning, there it was, a broken tooth. Grinding caused me to break the bonding and wa-lah...roothless be toothless. It's happened before, but this time, I didn't freak out, didn't hide my smile, didn't rush to the dentist...I just thought oh well, as things go-this is the easiest thing in my life that I can repair. Of course, I've known I'm a grinder-when the pressure is on...when stress gets bottled up inside...but would you think I'd have a mouth guard by now? Nope, not me. Not til I'm backed into the corner again...Boy oh boy-just breathe!


Sometimes some of us seem to need to repeat the school of hard knox multiple times to learn the simple lessons of life. Like paying attention to our breakdowns, break-ups and brokenness...ignoring them or running from them--doesn't make them go away. The ole stiff upper lip lasts only as long as the psyche can find a release that soothes the savage beast within...because it's true what they say, what goes in-must come out. The old adage, "Grin and bear it" sounds good, may look good for a while...but not in the morning...because as I've found grinning instead of grimacing can lead straight to grinding...down our teeth.

Be careful-your smile is worth a million bucks and if you're not careful...it will cost you a pretty penny. Take the necessary precautions to protect your smile, soothe your stress level and learn the lessons of life the first time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER