SILENCE IS GOLDEN!

There are a lot of things I'd like to write about here...but I don't. There are some things that are better left unsaid...or unwritten. So-instead-I do a lot of talking to myself as I run through the park in the morning, or when I drive in the car...and then of course I get carried away...and end up apologizing to God for the things that are better left unsaid...But of course-God isn't judging me because he's the best therapist around and if I can't vent to my higher power then-well, I might end up saying something I regret to someone I care about and God knows and I know-that's really not cool.

A lady made me laugh when she said she has a whole committee making decisions in her head...Long drawn out discussions to decide how to deal with the latest personal dilemma. It was such a funny thing for her to admit, because it made her sound like "Sybil" with multiple personalities...When in fact, this woman is probably saner than most, because she's willing to openly admit to her private group therapy sessions.

I know from personal experience that when too many random thoughts begin ricocheting around inside my head, that means I'm either over tired, overwhelmed or overly anxious...and it's time for some quiet, reflective prayer. Sometimes, the best prayer-is sitting in silence, while letting God do the talking. If I sit long enough...in silent reflection...all the internal noise disappears and a sense of peace and tranquility transcends all the testy thoughts, leaving me feeling lighthearted and Loving.

Quite frankly, that usually leaves me speechless-which can be a good thing...And now that I think about it, that's probably why they say silence is golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER