MOVING OUT OF THE HOSPITAL

I got an unexpected phone call yesteray-to come pick up my son Ben from the hospital. The insurance company will no longer authorize inpatient care, because he's not skinny enough. How about that?! His doctor says he's not ready, he says he's not ready...in fact he's been losing weight again...But-the insurance company is ready to pull the plug. Talk about being blindsided. Ben cried and I just didn't know what to do. So I washed his bed linens and told his brothers and made plans to move his care to the next level.

My friend Judy said it best..."He's being punished for getting better which will tell him to stay sick to get the care he needs." Let's hope not. Today Ben began intensive outpatient treatment...I dropped him off at 7:30 am and picked him up tonight at 9:00pm...He seems in better spirits...already seeing the silver lining-He can watch TV again.

So we'll all hang in there and hang on to God-believing this sudden change won't send him spiraling out of control in order to regain his control through food.

I belong to a very powerful women's prayer group and just hours earlier we had prayed the rosary of the seven sorrows. The Blessed Mother gave this rosary to a visionary in Kibeho Rwanda, before the church approved apparitions ended. On the long drive home, I thought, "so many blessings are developing from our prayers...I wonder what will happen next to try and steal the peace." Then bingo-Ben's dilemna!

It often works that way...but I still hang on to a favorite quote...when circumstances are out of our control..."Sometimes God calms the storm raging around the child. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms the child."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER