YO YO'S

What goes around, comes around. Now it's yo yo's.
Yep that timeless turning, spiraling toy that kept us entertained as children...has now made a comeback with this generation of kids.

My kids received their "free hand" yo yo's today in the mail-thanks to Uncle Robert-and the spinning tricks began.

I'm all for anything that gets them away from the TV or the video games or the Internet...Basketball, wiffle tennis and now yo yo's. Some pretty wholesome fun-just like when I was a kid. Of course, those were the golden, olden days when kids
rode their bikes and climbed the trees and played hop scotch. At least that's how I remember it-but then I've been known to have selective memory...Some sort of self protection mechanism I'm sure.

With all the other things flying around us right now, I'm happy to watch my kids engaging in some old fashioned innocent fun. It really is the simple things in life that make me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER