THE EUCHARIST

The weather couldn't have been more beautiful today in New Orleans...Crisp and cool and feeling like California. Or at least the California I remember...
There's something about cooler temperatures that lightens the load when the heart and soul are feeling burdened and worn out.

My friend Terri and I talked today about our mutual challenges and all the things that are going on-which are way to complicated to ever discuss here...So I won't.
She asked me how I do it-a single parent-pushing the envelope, plowing ahead, panting with every breath. I've come to the conclusion, I told her, it's the daily Eucharist. That's right, the one piece of bread that I decided several months ago is a must for me-every single day, if I'm going to get going when the going gets tough. So far-so good. I'm still ticking-just like the energizer bunny...winding my way around the obstacles and obstructions and looking for every opportunity to make things better.

It's the little things we do that keep us going...but the biggest thing I grab on to is my faith, the tools of my faith and the gifts of my faith. When I bundle them all together, and I look back at what I've been able to accomplish...I am as grateful to God as any person who has learned the greatest lesson of all. With God all things are possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER