WE LAUGHED!

My girlfriend today told me she had a vision.
She slung the cross back at Jesus and said, "Take it I don't want it anymore."
We laughed.

So, I told her about the time a priest, Fr. Bill McCarthy prayed over me during the dissolution of my marriage...and he said, "Let's see what Jesus has to say to you." The next words were,
"Mary Lou you are never alone. I am your one true spouse." I thought big deal...that's not good enough. I want my marriage to work out! I told her, "Can you imagine me thinking and saying that Jesus wasn't good enough, I wanted my husband who didn't want me." How crazy is that?! Again we laughed.

We can laugh about it now, because we know just how far we've come. We can see how silly our humanity can be...in the face of pure divinity. Terri and I talked about how God is giving us a goal...acceptance which includes surrender which inevitably means trust.

It is not an easy goal to reach because we want what we want even when what we want is not what God wants. It takes a while to unravel our insides so that we can see clearly that what we want wallows in self will and that's why we end up miserable in our mistakes.

God front and center guiding, giving and getting us everything we need...comes to those who wait patiently on the Lord-allowing the pure power of his spirit to permeate every aspect of our being and of our lives.

In the meantime, it's laughable-to see how far we've come, while the good knews is that we've come so far. Of course God knew ahead of time how long it would take for us to get with the program. But that's the thing-God is patient and kind...accepting and trusting -knowing that we will eventually surrender our will ...and that one day we will laugh at how insane we were when we wanted what we wanted even when it really wasn't making us laugh or smile.

So tonight, laugh a little, Love alot, let go and let God -get what he wants! Believe me-when that happens, you'll get want you want and- you'll have the last laugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER