Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day isn't just for Lovers. My kids surprised me today with a dozen red roses.
My old news buddy, now a big wig with the Fox News Edge in N.Y.C., took me to dinner and we talked about our Loves-our children, his wife, and our lives 25 years later. My girlfriend called me and told me "you are Loved!" Another friend sent me an e-mail card...my siblings sent their Love...

And so tonight I thought about what I'd done. I brought my children's grandmother one of my roses...and at Mass I prayed for everyone I know...and those who are suffering...and then I prayed for a surprising someone. I saw her face as she walked down the aisle--and she was looking down...and for the first time-I felt her woundedness in the face of her humanity...and I felt badly for her....and asked God to give her the Love she needs to heal her heart and her soul.

And I thanked God for this gift of seeing through a new lense...of learning to Love God enough, to want to Love those-I have been unable to face. Heart to heart, human to human...Letting the Love flow from the heavens through our hearts right back out again to those we least expect to Love.

You see-it's hard to see-the simplicity of the sentiment, "Love one another as I have Loved you." Mainly because hardened hearts, hold on to the pain and the disappointment in their lives. But letting God in, gets rid of the really ridiculous notion that we can't let go...Because really, with God, we can do anything...anything at all -if we open our hearts.

Learning to Love-unconditionally on this special day and every other day in between, is perhaps the greatest gift we will ever receive and the most precious gift we will ever give. So open your hearts just a crack and the rest comes easy, flows fully from the source of divine Love that heals our broken hearts and reminds us- that each and every day can be Valentine's Day-if we simply see through the eyes of God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER