MY BOOK!

"Don't keep God waiting." Sage words of wisdom from my son Jacob. "He gave you the book and he wants you to finish it." Fine.

I spent much of this week writing and re-writing much of the passages...adding and subtracting and remembering and trying to recall...and all in all it felt good-to continue the story and get past the half way mark into the final stretch-of my life as it stands now.

I began writing my book over a year ago...and I've waltzed in and out of it since then...
The first few pages poured out easily and set the stage, letting me know that I was writing what God intended me to write..that this story had been inspired by a power greater than my pen...or rather my computer. I write much better when I type...I guess I think through my fingers.

Writing can be an art, it can also be good therapy...and it can also gauge just how in touch we are with the words on the pages. I've slowed down at various points...worked my way through personal issues in my life...picked up the pages again...re-written some of the lines that needed further explanation...and finally, this week added a great deal of spiritual wisdom that I'd encountered along the way of my journey-but which I'd often taken for granted.

My kids are my greatest advocates-and my biggest bugs--bugging me daily-are you finished yet?! Keep going! "When I saw a documentary on Ann Rice-and her first book brought $750,000 dollars-I was impressed," recalled Jake. So am I, but I have no illusions. I write because I know I'm supposed to...and the rest is in the hands of God.

I will say I've procrastinated a bit because I'm hoping and praying that some parts of the end of the story will be more miraculous than they appear to be going at this point. But-hopeful mind manipulation is never good...and waiting for the preferred ending to come...sometimes makes us miss the middle of the story-which may very well be the best of the story...and besides-the ending is often- out of our control.

So for now I've decided to give it the old College try...typing away...telling the tale of a life well lived, run on faith, inspired by many and blessed beyond human comprehension.

We'll see...the rest of the story!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Will you be publishing your book? It would be a blessing to so many of us who enjoy reading your blog! Many good wishes on your "write project."

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER