SILVER MEDALS!

Silver medals-like the bobbsey twins-they both placed second- in their grades.

Last night my sixth grader, Jacob, medaled on speech night with "The boys I went to School with." Tonight, my fifth grader, Zachary, won with "Let her have it!"
Who would have thought they'd both win?! But-oh how relieved I am! (and proud!)

Jake informed me days ago, that he'd not only make speech night-but that he would win a medal. Such confidence for the struggling academic. Self esteem is not in short supply. Thank you God. Zachary was more hopeful...but as I watched him prepare-I thought, "he's funny, expressive-he's got a shot." I was thrilled when they called both their names.

I'm smiling...because-self confidence is so important in this world of ours...It's hard for adults, much less children, to stand in front of an audience and talk...so when my kids have the nerve and the moxy and the hut spa to show their stuff -front and center-I'm impressed. I guess with a TV mom and a political dad--their genes are waiting to see-the limelight.

But I know-from years of nervous speaking...it takes a whole lot of positive self esteem to believe in your self enough to have others believe you're the best. Learning to Love oneself may be the most critical ingredient to our happiness and our success. That's the one gift I'm hoping to shower my kids with-over and over again.

The amazing musical genius, Mozart, says it brilliantly-

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, Love, Love-that is the soul of genius."
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER