GRASSBUSTERS

I went outside today and "GRASSBUSTERS" was burning through the bushes...cutting through the weeds and manicuring the front lawn.
My 20 year old son Mac told me the first cut is on him...a test to see if he is as good as he says...if the new business he's growing is going to get good reviews.
I have to say-they were fast and furious and fully equipped...to make my lawn sparkle and shine...and invitingly fresh.

Mac's our entrepreneur...that's what he's studying as a Business major...He's always thinking and planning and figuring out how to make things happen--because he happens to be motivated by his own idea of success. They say success is in the eye of the beholder...and I am beholding one young man who has what it takes to make the most of his life-if he uses the abundance of gifts God has given him.

I've never doubted Mac's brains or brawn or boldly unique decisions...I have worried about the world around him and the elusive pull of power that has pushed so many of our children into despair.

That's why I'm here to support him, encourage him and to let him know how proud I am of his efforts. He's a smart and charming young man...and he's trying...amid the chaos and the clutter of this life...He's trying to find a way, to forge his path-so his future will be brighter.

He's already made one bold business decision. Shaving off his beautiful, bushy head of hair. It seems the grass and the bugs and the heat have seared some inspiration into him...and sent the shaver buzz cutting through his heady jungle. That's the real test of success...Will you go to any length--even a buzz cut--to succeed? Mac's proving he already has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON