AMAZING FACEBOOK REUNION!

The most awesome gift came to me this week-gliding on the wings of grace across the miles, over the ocean straight from the pages of my past...A Facebook reunion!

My best friend, from my freshman year in college came looking for me-all the way from Ecuador...on Facebook. Cyber travel brought us together for the first time in 30 years. The unexpected reunion is especially amazing because she has been on my mind for weeks...And just last Friday I googled her in hopes of finding a link to her wherabouts...But no such luck. So, you can imagine my ecstatic surprise to suddenly see her e-mail pop up on my computer this week. God-incidences don't get much better than that!

My beautiful friend Mili is from Guayaquil where she still lives with her husband and children. As I perused her photo album I saw the same luminous lady of light I Loved so dearly as a co-ed. That effervescent smile and bubbly personality lit up the room wherever she went-and now here she was, lighting up my computer screen!

In school we were partners in Love and laughter-dishing about the guys and...dishing up delicious desserts. It's no surprise to me that she is the owner of a boutique bakery. Her cakes and goodies are as colorful and carefree as her personality!

Whimsical yet wise, I felt drawn to Mili's maverick mentality at the "W"...The Mississippi University for Women. Neither of us were sweet southern belles and so together we boldly bounced our way into the International Club, and into the elected positions of President and Vice President. But before we could take office, my heart took a tumble when Mili didn't return to school the next year...Her family needed her at home and she gracefully obliged. But that was Mili-self sacrificing and genuinely endearing.

She went her way, I went away to Loyola University in New Orleans...and we lost contact...But we never lost that internal connection that makes people soulmates...Today, I am so grateful that we have reconnected...Grateful that the ties that bind, brought us back together, through a bit of clairvoyance and some old fashioned inspiration...between two souls eternally-linked by the unbreakable bond of true friendship...God driven Love and AMAZING modern technology!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON