A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

I mentioned to my son Jacob about a controversial discussion some ladies were having about the popular-and yes-controversial book, "The Shack." "That's a great book!" he exclaimed. He caught me off guard. "When did you read that book?" I asked him. "Last year-or maybe in fifth grade. My teacher talked about it and said we should read it, so I checked it out of the school library." Amazing, I thought. As we talked I told him some of the ladies thought the book was heretical...and he said, "I guess the part in the beginning where God is a woman...but if you get through the first half and read the rest of the book, it makes sense, and has a good message," he said.

Through the innocent eyes of a child...open minded, moving through the pages without all the prejudices that prevent people from seeing clearly. What a breath of fresh air!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON