TRUST IN THE LORD!

But those who trust the lord will find new strength.
They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings,
they will walk and run without getting tired.
-Isaiah 40:31

It is the truth, but it is tough at times to embrace...especially when times are tough.
I received this card today...and thought-okay I get it...but sometimes the soaring makes me tired and the fatigue gives way to despair and the hopelessness begins creeping in.

So when I get overwhelmed with emotions, I do not think about the problems or the personalities. I don't let those issues take up free rent in my head...I think only positive thoughts, because the good things in life, always outweigh the bad.

And today, I'm reminded where the real power lies...in the God, who became man...in the sacrifice that became our liberation...in the Love that never dies.

You see-soaring takes a lot of energy...but when when you're on a spiritual high-nothing brings you down --for long. Take tonight--Saint Jacob-yes my 11 year old wonder boy...literally went kicking and screaming to Holy Thursday evening Mass...out the door down the street up the steps of the church...Thank God-God had reserved a pew in the back of the church just for us...I'm not kidding...Surprised even me! Like the wisdom woman I am, I warned Jacob to expect a deficit in video game time, phone minutes, TV viewing...and anything else I could think of...to which he cried..."Take it all...take everything...take my FREE WILL-I don't care!" He's one smart kid...What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?! BELIEVE me...I'd Love to take his free will and everyone elses for a tune up...I'll bet even God is re-thinking that decision.

Thank God we went to Mass...I immediately felt calmer and wiser...and the little things...like the big tantrums...didn't matter anymore...because the bigger picture...loomed ahead of me...the greatest Love of all...Laying down one's life for a friend...overcoming the ultimate betrayal and persecution...with the life altering...saving power -of unconditional Love.

And tonight, as the priests washed the feet of the parishioners, I saw Love in action. I knew then.. that his Love had not been given in vain...that Love truly conquers all and soars to unbelievable heights...when you simply trust in the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER