PLAY BALL!

The Hornets got stung this week-badly.
Not like Saturday. There we sat in the New Orleans Arena, court side no less, my first game ever -in fact...and they pulled off a real nail biter. Thrilling victory stays with you for days...of course until the letdown...that always comes...but sometimes too suddenly when the next round is one bad play after another.

Me-I was just thrilled to be a part of the winning...sitting in the best seats in the house. My fifteen year old Ben and I were invited by my friend Dr. Kristi...whose friend handed her four 1800 dollar a piece tickets...When it finally sunk in what we had gotten ourselves into, Ben whispered, "I can't believe I almost told you no." "Me neither," I said. He and I are a lot alike...nothing much gets us excited-except maybe........Let me get back to you..

I Love basketball and I Love to watch the body art that flies down the court on the arms and legs and even necks of the players...The Denver Nuggets were like moving canvasses...but their jerseys and shorts got in the way of the full story line. I often wonder how they'll feel some day...when they're old and gray...But hey-it's their life and their story...and I'll bet the championship, it hasn't even crossed their minds.

I'm pretty reserved until you get me in front of a game...I can jump up and down and yell with the rest of them...Just ask Zachary...His grandmother and I whooped and hollered all the way through his pitching and batting...thinking nothing about our outbursts until he asked me why we didn't see him shaking his head on the pitcher mound. "I was trying to get you to stop," he said embarrassed.

Not a chance I thought...I mean honestly...how would that be possible...keeping silent when the rising star is your shining light?! Not a chance!

Baseball is another favorite of mine...the great American pastime...skill, power and unreserved grand theft...Stealing bases is as much a part of the thrill as hitting the home runs...

It's another another action packed summer...heat and humidity, mosquitoes and mud...kids and laughter...moms out of control...and loving every minute of it.

What could be better? Let me get back to you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER