MY BOOK, MY LIFE

I listened to the beat of the pouring rain as I sat in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel today reviewing my manuscript...getting sleepy-and wondering with worry-if that meant-BORING!

No, not hardly. My life has been anything but boring...As often happens with me-when I finally sit in silence, the sleepiness slips in--but before I know it-my eyes pop open and I'm rejuvenated and ready to go!

I read through what I've written- to review my writing and the facts as I remember them...and inevitably I wonder if what I have to say is worth writing down for others to read. I know deep within my being...it is well worth the effort because as I wrangle with my memory, I'm amazed at the life I've lead thus far...and hopefully optimistic about where I am headed. Of course-only God gets the full preview, but if the past is any measure of the future- then let the show begin!

I can only capture the highlights of a journey that has been quite unplanned and surprisingly, surprising. On paper it appears to be so exciting and glorious and often times- sadly disappointing ...But in fact-as I peruse the vast highway of my past-I am pleasantly pleased with the overall outcome and the purpose to which I seem to have been born.

Sometimes the rocky terrain that plows before us is paved with pitfalls that seem to pummel the life out of us...But as I share, my experience, strength and hope through the pages of my timeline, I am seeing with renewed clarity the perfect picture of the providential hand of God...guiding a young girl through the game of life...and beyond-into the wonderful age of wisdom- when we finally wrap our minds around what really matters most.

You see, it isn't so much what we do...but how we do it...It isn't about the mistakes we've made, but how we've turned them around...It doesn't matter who we've become, but rather if we've become the best we can be.

In my world-which is God's world-there is only one way to go...and that way is up, up and away...higher than we ever dreamed possible-because our dreams-are usually limited only by our minds...and with God, the sky's the limit!

I like to read my book in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel around the corner from my home...because it is safe and serene and soulfully spiritual. That is where the living, breathing, body of Christ sits waiting for me to visit. I firmly believe that every word that comes to me there...is anointed by a power greater than any that flows from my head through my fingers when I am typing at home. And besides-I'm no longer a skeptic...having documented plenty of stories on the miracles of the Eucharist...and the powerful presence of the living breathing God which is proudly displayed inside a beautiful vessel- known as the monstrance.

And so I guess it's a little selfish of me-because when I go the chapel...I want-and I'm expecting some extra help, some divine inspiration...and intervention...an editor that will keep it real...and who really knows my story well. But that's okay...having expectant faith...because God always gives us what we need-even when it isn't exactly what we've asked for.

In return I am genuinely seeking to serve it up for others to see, so that someday, someone who needs a little comfort and a whole lot of hope, will hold in their hands the humbling honesty of one who made it through the perilous journey, past their mistakes, through the mind boggling roadblocks and setbacks...to the clearing in the forest, just ahead of that wonderful world of peaceful acceptance that comes when we breathe in the life altering-Loving spirit that has been drafting our personal biographies -long before we were formed in the womb and light years before we arrived in this lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER