LOVE MONEY

"God is giving you lots of Love money." The word according to Jacob.
"What's that?" I asked him. "All the good things that are happening and all the good things that will happen. Just you wait and see," he replied.

Sage words of wisdom from the fourth wonder in my homespun brew...As Jacob trailed me up the steps into my bedroom, I asked him what the electric massager was doing in my room. He said, "You looked tired in the kitchen and I thought this would make your sore leg muscles feel good." I'm not kidding...this is one sensational son...But, I have to admit-I wondered what he was up to...Or maybe it was payback for the new pair of school shoes I had gotten him...or the extra phone minutes? Or maybe he's just sweetly considerate which is what I'm hoping to inspire in all five of my sons.

Jacob is the eternal optimist...always seeing the obvious-even when the rest of us are boxed in by the barricades. He's a prime example of an 11 year old who has been listening, learning and letting God into his little mind in a very big way.

Some people are gifted with an intuitive wisdom...the kind that wows you almost every time they open their mouths. Jacob is one of them. I often wonder where he's headed as he grows and spreads his wings. Driving home yesterday, we talked about our individual challenges-the crosses that we carry. His, he said, are obviously meant to make him stronger. "For what?" I asked him. "For whatever God has in mind for me," he replied. I asked him if that included learning to swallow pills when he has a fever instead of liquid. To avoid the elephant tears, I've even resorted to getting out the hammer and pummeling the pills into powder when the liquid well has run dry in the middle of the night. Everyone has their weaknesses.

I Love to watch the evolving psyche-especially in children. The way they thread their thoughts together with innocent abandon lifts my mind to a new level of understanding that childlike faith is not just fruitful...It's prophetically gifted.

It keeps me on my toes...as a mom, who means well, but doesn't always get it right, or say it right or make the right choices...I'm acutely aware that the young Dali Lama's are listening to every single word that pours forth from my mouth...So mums is the word-unless the word is as wise as they tend to make it sound when they size me up. Those are some big shoes to fill...and I don't know about you-but, I never get it right all the time...but sometimes like with Jacob, I get a glimpse that my goals are being met and my mentoring skills are getting better...and really, that's all we can hope for as moms and dads and parents...as we wrack up the Love money-one day at a time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER