SO COOL!

My son Ben is so "cool" and calm...takes things in stride...doesn't get ruffled...shrugs it off...let's it go and moves to the next step. As he exited the baseball field today he said, "I got cut...I'm not kidding...I really did." "But it doesn't matter," he added, "I have two other teams to play on." "Still," I said, "I am so sorry." "But," I perked up, "I got cut too...And like you, I have other options too." We smiled.

My kids, like me, are learning to roll with the punches...Zachary informed me, "Mom, really Ben doesn't care...don't worry about it. But now, sit down and tell me all about what happened to you?"
And good ole Jake, in his matter of fact -manly manner says, "No big deal...you knew this could happen, but next time, is your time." They are something to behold!

We headed home, finished our homework, watched a movie and made a b line for the bed...where they are now fast asleep...and dreaming about tomorrow's SAT's. Joy to the world!
That means eggs and grits and toast for breakfast...that also means I have to rise and shine early! But they're worth it!

Getting cut, doesn't mean, being cut out...It just means we have to dodge a few curve balls every once in a while...knowing that every once in a while, we're going to take a hit...But it also means, that if we stay oh so cool and calm...eventually- we're bound to hit a home run!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER