TOO MUCH TALK!


I saw the miracle of the sun twice this week. Blazing in front of me, beckoning to me. It warmed me and reminded me that God is watching. I knew it was a sign that wonders would unfold, if I stayed the course and concentrated on divine guidance.

Nothing shuts out the direction of the spirit more, than too much talk...Talk drowns out the gentle whisperings of the spirit while service to others produces spiritual longevity.

It's funny that this is my theme, since I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut as much as possible over the next couple of days. My gum surgery went well...too easy in fact...at the hands of my gifted friend, Dr. Kristi Soileau. I've never had so many shots in my mouth at once, but yet feel no pain. She's amazing. I have to admit, moments before the procedure, I got really nervous. I thought I'd made a mistake not taking a nerve pill to calm me down for the two hour procedure. So, I decided to offer up my operation for the many suffering souls...including my friend who is undergoing cancer surgery today. As God would have it...I made the right decision not to pop any pills...before or afterwards, because the procedure went so smoothly. Kristi says the pain will come within the next day...but-that's okay.

You see, God is always showing us he is with us through the little things and the big. Preparing us for the future plan that is unfolding one day at a time. Putting people in our lives that will prepare us for our spiritual path. Sometimes it costs us physical discomfort, money or loss of Loved ones. Sometimes obstacles are put before us, so we can change our course and strengthen our momentum. But clearly, through it all, in the silence of the guiding spirit, we are lead to lead the kind of lives that God has designed for us, before we ever entered the womb.

The miracle of the sun always reminds me of the eternal benefit of souls that rely on the silent guiding spirit of God to make it through the challenges of this life. No words are spoken, no prophecies revealed...only the pulsating energy of the spirit, silently but vividly, lighting up the sky with a powerful message of Love... from a God that is definitely watching over each and every one of us.

I'm going to enjoy keeping silent, savoring the moments...seeing what God has in store for me without too much talk, in the silence of the heart. I can't promise I'll be very good at it...since I like to talk to people...But I'll give it the olde college try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER