OLD TAPES!

One of my sons had a meltdown today-but I didn't really know why...Of course I understood where he was coming from, but-why now...?!
My friend, a counselor, simply said, --"old tapes." "He's playing old tapes in his head. It will take a while to turn them off."

That makes sense. How many times do we let mental movie pictures of our memories stir up fear and confusion...sending us stumbling right back to where we came from...unpleasantville?!
How many times do we let the re-runs, run wild in our minds--making us crazy with anger all over again?! Too many times.

It's disturbing, debilitating and down right dumb to continue reviewing the same old stories over and over again...That's why every story has a beginning and an ending.

So I for one, try to remember, that my life is my story-and I get to write it...Maybe not all of it... But I know that I'm in charge of the mental images that linger long after the tape runs out...
There isn't enough time in a day to keep watching old tapes, and besides they get a little boring after awhile.

So the next time the old tapes begin rolling in your head-turn them off...The re-runs aren't going to be any better or any worse, than the first run...

THE END!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so right. Unfortunately, as humans we have a tendency to rework or rethink our past mistakes, hurts or fears over again. Especially on sleepless nights. But peace can come with time and personal effort.

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON