Five Loving Sons

My five sons-are amazing!

We rounded out our 12 week counseling session-with warmth and understanding--a few laughs and a few jabs...but more emotionally mature then when we entered three months before.

I admire them for their sharing, their introspection and their willingness to dig deep into that emotional core where we all hide our feelings, our fears and our future hopes. They gave of themselves and got so much more in return...and for that I am grateful.

We are not and never will be the run of the mill family...like- My three Sons or Seventh Heaven. But we are special, uniquely gifted...and absolute survivors. We've made it through our own personal Hurricanes with a strength and a steadfast determination that doesn't always happen in families...Because we are communicating honestly and openly...accepting our humanness in the midst of our struggles and always knowing that God is right there with us...every step of the way...guiding and protecting and putting our best interests first--when life happens and when we are feeling let down.

I figured a long time ago that God gave me five sons-to make a dent in the male human race. To pass on my girly gift of gab...of wanting to talk about things...to be interested in others--even when they're not interested in us. To topple the willful wall of secrecy that pretends our feelings don't get hurt, or they don't matter or they don't exist. To learn about "that time of the month"
and why girls get cranky and what matters most in this world to us -is genuine Love and respect and old fashioned honesty and forgiveness.

When I close my eyes tonight I will rest in the warm embrace of knowing that I have tried to help my sons grow into compassionate, Loving young men...and I will dream about the possibility that they will carry with them-a healthy respect for themselves and for their God given dignity--and for their absolute call to care for others- as God-and their mother-cares for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON