Laughing Children

Trying to concentrate tonight in my home is like trying to tune out an entire schoolyard of laughing children.

I'm caring for my friends two oldest sons -who are playing with my two youngest sons-up and down the stairways and hallways and rooms that we live in, laugh in and love so very much.
I try to remember at times like these, that the giddy sounds of children, are the musical notes of the future...Rhapsodic songs of wonder and joy...that promise a springtime of renewal for all the world to enjoy.

I know that I am blessed and gifted with the chance to see clearly the true value of my life and theirs...The true gifts of heaven showered down upon my personal domain...so many moons ago when I did not understand or appreciate the primal value of the extension of my life through my children. There is no greater grounds for happiness or hope or heavenly delight.

And even now, after I have calmed their spirits and re-focused their energy to that quiet existence known as, the couch potato...I too am calmed and content in knowing that they are alive and well and wonderfully wholesome--in this world of mine- that just keeps on giving me gifts that are quite unexpected, but uniquely designed- in a place where I will one day wander...but for today-- am content to enjoy-in the sounds of my children.

P.S. I had a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON