Emotional Artillery

I don't know exactly what I want to say tonight. So I'll just type--and let the feelings roll out...

My five sons and I just left counseling...and I'm emotionally spent. I imagine they are too. It was tough...but one of the most successful sessions thus far. I cried, one of my older sons cried, anothers eyes welled up....and the rest chimed in with their soulful reflections of life in our broken family. Yes-we're broken, battered and bruised...but not destroyed. In fact, as hard as this seems...it's clear to me-we're getting stronger every single day.

It takes a lot of courage to call out for help and to honestly hear what each person is really trying to say. A lot of people I know will never go there...to get help, to seek guidance or to listen to what we are doing to hurt the ones we Love. But we're doing it...and I'm grateful-to my sons for standing in the line of fire.

I took some emotional hits tonight...and rightfully so--but I'm relieved someone finally vented what has been bottled up waiting to explode...Because when you bury the truth...or hide from the facts...it silently haunts you--scaring you into making decisions and choices that are unhealthy and too often self destructive. Believe me I know.

We are the sum of our experiences...but we are not defined by our choices...We can always do better...if we believe that the best is yet to come...iI we learn from our life's choices...by picking ourselves up, wiping the dust from our feet...and stepping forward-sure footed and full of hopeful enthusiasm.

And so tonight I cling to the promise of prayer--that God is with us...working side by side with my family--inspiring us to go forward through the rubble until we reach the healing energy that comes from believing that with God nothing is impossible...every wrong will be righted and honesty and goodness will prevail...if-as Winston Churchill once said we
"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON