Football Follies!

"It's a death field out there...It's eat or be eaten!"
"What?!" I replied..."What are you talking about?"


My 11 year old son Jacob ran inside, poured himself a glass of milk and exclaimed, "Why don't they just give up-Mack and I are winning every time." "Ben and Zack don't stand a chance!"
"It's getting to the point that it's not any fun--they're desperate!"


Just four of my five sons "frolicking' outside on the front lawn...football style. Yes it's rough-I carried out some trash and I wanted no part of it. But they were laughing and lunging and letting it all hang out--old fashioned brotherly Love!


No one can ever accuse my brew of being sissys or wallflowers or quiet as mice...believe me-no one--unless they're deaf, dumb and blind...You can hear them for miles around...most of the time...except when they're sleeping soundly--(silently slumbering like their 23 year old brother is right now) and even then it's tricky...10 year old Zachary consistently falls asleep downstairs on the couch...waking him up to go to bed is like rousing a roaring lion...


19, 15, 11 and 10..It's good to see them together--giving it their all...even when they all end up arguing...Italian, Irish, German...It's in their blood...pumping fast and furiously out there on the football field...


Uh Oh--here they come--bloody nose, cut lip, bruised face hurting back..tears flowing...Dr. McCall's on call...gotta go-- before they get me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON