UPDATE

Jacob's face is deflating...the swelling almost gone...the penicillin working wonders. X-rays at the dentist showed nothing...so it was on to the doctor... who diagnosed a swollen gland...caused by an infection...how or why-we don't know...but we'll keep a watch and hopefully the coast is clear from here on out...

Zachary (and I) got an At on the volcano--so once again- "mother knows best" as I always remind my boys...The grand finale-made the cut, without all the headaches and scurrying around like years past...

Tonight we put up our dazzling Christmas tree...somehow we're all laid back...took out the one we stored in the attic...dressed her up...and ta da...we're happy! I don't know what it is, but I guess we're simply grateful for being home...with our family in tow...and the bountiful blessings of health and happiness...So all the window dressings seem like extras--

Besides, Christmas lives at our house year round...We own a full size snow sled...the kind they pull through the blizzards of Russia...or better yet--like Santa flies through the skies...Antiques-unusual ones-are my thing...and it's been in my den for years...So the thought of Santa and his reindeer are never far from our home.

My sons asked me tonight what I want from the big guy with the beard...and they prefaced it with..."It has to be something materialistic--that actually costs money--because we have a fund." Okay--I get the message and I'm still thinking--but really--new tennis shoes for exercising sounds good to me...Because-I honestly crave nothing...want very little...and am happy with what I have...
That feels good to me...in fact, feels like the best gift of all...My kids, my family my friends...my home...and my God...and lots of Love--What else do I really need?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON