FORTUNE COOKIE

I cracked open the fortune cookie-and there in black and white...my fortune-
"YOU HAVE A REMARKABLE POWER YOU ARE NOT USING"

Like I haven't heard that before. But really-what power might that be? Think about it...we all have a power we are not using and a purpose we are not fulfilling and a person we should be persuading...and I think the list goes on...So how do you really know what power it is--rather-
what "remarkable" power it is-that you are not using.

Me--I've got a few good ideas...but I'm afraid to share, because if it's so remarkable...maybe I better wait until I put my power to work, lest I give someone else my idea and then they steal
what is meant to be my personal, remarkable power.

It's funny though-because I know exactly why I got that fortune cookie and I know exactly what remarkable power I am not using, but which I am carefully cultivating so that I can move it into motion. Timing is everything...and I am waiting for just the right red light to turn green so that I can begin using what I have been storing up all this time.

You see--sometimes some of us are pulled aside so that God can begin reforming us from the inside out...Sometimes we need to be removed from our rat races so that we can fine tune our insides...and our God given power for our benefit and for the benefit of humankind. And often we need to re-kindle the flames of Love that flicker ever so warmly in our relationship with God--so that we will understand more fully his will for our lives...and our responsibility to carry it out.

I absolutely have a remarkable power I am not using...But believe me I will be using it some day very soon...But always remember, with power...comes tremendous responsibility...and a fistful of challenges...So right now-at this very moment, I am being vigilant, paying attention to the subtle changes within, to the psychic shift that is shelving old ideas and choices in exchange for another evolution of the body, mind and spirit.

You see life goes in phases...and it's time for me to kick it up to the next level...
Because there is only one purpose for power--to make the world a better place...and to inspire others to see what they may not have found inside a fortune cookie...That they too-have a remarkable personal power---that they are not using.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON