This too Shall Pass

"This too shall pass"...Those words kept coming to me today-after hearing about a suffering friend...a mom of three toddlers whose marriage is on the rocks...Rippling waves of sadness passed through me-a painful reminder of the wounds that scar the soul...then silently weep whenever a woman is wounded.

As I lay in a hospital bed-suffering from a disease, an impending divorce and the disabling emotional exhaustion that follows a lifetime of incredible highs and incredible lows...I rolled over-and there, carved into my bedstand, four simple-yet illuminating words "This too shall pass."
It did-many moons later-after buckets of tears, too many tirades and tons of knee bending prayer. Graces from a power greater than myself, gently consoled me, carried me and inspired me to believe that if I just held on tightly-a miracle makeover designed just for me -could move my mountain of problems and save me-from myself! Believe in yourself! A miracle-makover-is just around the corner!
Peace!
MLM
+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON