Never Give UP

Hi-

I'm in good spirits tonite...one of my five sons turned 11-a bright, spiritually gifted child...makes me smile just thinking about him...He's my big cheerleader-giving me sage words of wisdom when I need it most...profoundly poignant thoughts that leave an indellible imprint on the psyche and the soul. He went to the movies with his brothers-so I went to a women's recovery meeting...another bright hour in my day. They come from all walks of life...young and old, rich and poor, straight and gay, black and white...and they come to support each other in the recovery from addiction..from alcohol or drugs or both. How and why I got there-well-that's another story-for another time-but I can honestly tell you-I'm finally okay with it...being there, one of them...among them, clean and sober, sharing my story, passing on my hope and finally feeling that our flaws can flower into the most beautiful, fragrant gardens filled with bouquets of love and joy and peace. I didn't always feel that inspiration-not when I was buried under the weight of a disease that ravages all rationality and reason. It's true what they say-it is cunning, baffling and powerful...but it's also true-that there is a power greater than anything we can comprehend-greater than ourselves, that will carry us to freedom on the wings of grace-if we just let go and let God! If you know someone who is struggling, if you are struggling yourself...open your heart-let God work the miracles.....and as Winston Churchill so aptly put it--
NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP! Peace! Mary Lou
+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON