CLEANING UP CHAOS

I've heard it said that Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. But for me-it was the day to pick up the clutter. I read recently that if you want to clean up your life, first take inventory of your surroundings. If you have clothes tossed onto chairs, a messy desk or dishes that need to be washed...then it's a physical sign of disorder in your life...and disorder means chaos is just around the corner.

So I set to the task of straightening up my bedroom...Containers of clothes and tons of shoes were patiently waiting to be transferred to their rightful place-the closet- or in most cases Goodwill. I just moved again-back into my old house- and the nomadic lifestyle my children and I have been living has left me afraid to put down roots and unpack. But carpe diem! I seized the day and sorted, stacked and sized up a lifetime of collectibles which clearly--I no longer needed. I put a lot of things in the giveaway pile...but honestly- I kept far too many items -simply because I can't-or won't- let go of them at this time. But I've learned the hard way, to cut myself a break. To take my life one day at a time...one small step at a time...letting go and letting God inspire me when to hold on and when to let go. For me-cleaning up my room, is a critical step to cleaning up and organizing my life.

It's the little things that we do for ourselves which often bring us the greatest relief and quite -unexpectedly the greatest peace. And now-as I look around my tidy room-visually the messy clutter is gone and I like the way it looks...But internally I feel as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There's a freedom and a flow of energy that has cleared my mind and made me feel light as a feather. It's a fantastic feeling! In fact I feel inspired, renewed and rested. Apparently, just the way you're supposed to feel-on a Sunday...and every day!

Comments

Noel said…
It’s true when we see our surrounding in order, our mind feels in order.

It’s also true when our spirit is aligned with God, we see with divinity.

When this happens we can understand the Laws of God better…
So keep the Good spirit, so we may receive Gods awesome Blessings!

I love reading your articles, so please keep writing.

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON