SPIRITUAL RADIATION!

I doused my two youngest sons tonight-with spiritual radiation.
They needed cleaning up and calming down, so off went the TV and the video game and off to the Adoration Chapel we flew.

It was so quiet and cool and deeply peaceful...I could have stayed all night! Sometimes that's my only solution to the less than soulful attitudes that begin to multiply mid way through the hot summer. Even the best of kids with the best intentions need a little down time, down on their knees.

My kids often join me during the school year, reading or writing or studying-while I pray for the grace to make it through another day. I'm well aware that these visits are leaving an indelible imprint on their hearts-even when their minds may be wandering elsewhere.

There's nothing more inspiring to me than watching a child in heartfelt prayer. It is one of those sensational signs that God is working within.

A few weeks ago when my kids were cavity free at their check up with my friend Dr. Kristi...I took the liberty of telling them it was all that prayer-before the Blessed Sacrament. The spiritual radiation. No one said a word, they just stared at me.

Anyway-we're home and the kids are quiet and calm and sweetly endearing. It works every time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER