HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!

My beautiful child Jacob today turned into a TEEN.
Hard to imagine that this sweet spirited child can no longer be classified as my little boy. Of course as his mom I still refer to him and his younger brother as the babies-much to their embarrassment. Moms get special permission to hang on to the past a little longer than most.

Jacob rose early-6:00am, kissed me good morning before rushing to open his cards from his Aunts and Uncle. He was so excited-just like at Christmas. Jacob doesn't expect much and so it doesn't take much to please him. While everyone else slept he and I went jogging around the park then to BK for a rare morning treat. He can pack away more food than most older kids I know.

There's something about my fourth child. Something special and spiritual...something saintly and inspirational. He's good as gold and deeply connected to the wisdom that has been infused into his soul. I've never seen a child so interested in the heavens who is also so down to earth.

Jacob starts High School this year...Joining the ranks of his three older brothers as a Jesuit Blue Jay. Somehow I have a feeling he will not only make the grade, but that he'll make a big difference in all the lives he'll touch there.

I'm so grateful for this child, proud to be his mom and lucky to have received such a wonderful gift of life. I know he's anointed...On the morning of Jacob's birth the scripture reading at Mass described Jacob wrestling with the angel before being released. How much clearer could God have been?! I took it as a sign that this child had been released into the world, into our family for a greater purpose than any one of us could ever comprehend.

Thirteen years and counting the days as a perpetual blessing as I watch Jacob grow and develop into one fine human being whose simple joy and Loving disposition is nothing less than a Godsend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKIE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER